Monday, October 06, 2008

Singapore Day

It was a day that Singapore was located in Melbourne for one day. That was one day that i felt i was kinda back home, eating my favourite food with friends. Even the servers or the food stall helpers are speaking Singlish, which help made the event feeling more Singaporean. Another plus point that this was definitely Singapore Day meant for Singaporeans, THE FOOD WAS FREE!!!

The menu for food was amazing! We had chilli crab, hokkien mee, char kway teow, chicken rice, nasi lemak, lasksa, prata, etc. Plenty of food that i love. I was like a pig! The throng of people there... It was frantic, at one point i had to queue up almost an hour for a small plate of chilli crab. Though some of the foods weren't very tasty but they still tasted like what they are. Singapore artistes came down to perform while we had our food. We were entertained by Phua Chu Kang, Hady Mirza (i think thats how it's spelt), Electrico and Dick Lee. As usual, Singaporeans tend to complain but it was more on the lack of tables and chairs but it was nice and it felt like having pinics.

My personal thoughts of this event while i was enjoying my food, looking at the number of Singaporeans here and the size of the event, it bring me back how much i love my country. Which country would bring people from almost all walks of life, fly almost six hours to a foreign city for a week and entertain or cook for people there? Not only that, the size of our country to make such an event possible is even more amazing. I am thankful for the people who came down to make that event successful. Also... I am proud to show my friends that Singapore is able to make such an event possible, let them try out the Singapore food and the culture.

No comments: