Friday, December 12, 2008

So i survived...

Yea... After a gruelling 42km of pain, i survived through it all. Though it was not all fine and dandy, it was still an achievement. If you ask me now if i wanna do it again next year, i wouldn't agree on it. Maybe another 2-3 months, perhaps i'm sane enough to sign up for it again.

So this major event has passed... Next on list are Christmas Dinner. There are lots of things for me to do, stuff that involves me and stuff that do not. It is tough to make decisions when you do not know the imminent outcomes are. This adds further stress to the planning and execution i have to do.

During the marathon, i have thought of disappearing again. Take my passport, enough clothes and begin on a journey. Get away from all the mobile phones, all the MSN, all the emailing and just disappear. I remember vividly how my parents missed me while i was away, backpacking for my 1st time, for two months. My parents only bothered to find out where i was when they didn't see me for consecutively two days. Well... Back then, i did leave a message for them. In case they report to the police or otherwise.

Times have changed... Back then, i was a young kid. Nothing to be responsible for, nothing to fight for, nothing to work hard for. All i had was time, freedom and my friends. How i miss those days...

No comments: