Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Fuse Hunt Day

The night before, i was studying at the library. My friend notified me that the power is out and i realise it too. Initially we thought the librarians switched off the electricity to our outlet, but the truth is that the fuse in my charger blew. Well... I found that out only when i went back home. Since its just a fuse, it should not be hard to find a replacement. Well... It is.

I started my fuse hunt right after breakfast. So i grabbed my friend's car and went to first place. It didn't carry fuses or small electrical parts. So i went to a nearby shopping centre, hoping my chances of finding it is higher. Well... None of the electrical stores have it too. Dang...

So i went back to a nearby hardware store and asked, they do not carry it and gave me directions to another location nearby. When i drove there, i was stunned... The store moved to the western part of the city. ARGHZ!!! I called a friend to find out another place. That place is 30 mins drive. I have never went to that place before. So i drove and finally found the place. It was huge. They are like the American Kmart. Shelves were stacked high and there was a ton of stuff. So much stuff that they do not carry the fuse. A big blow to me...

The assistant was very helpful and gave me diretions to another place. An electronics and electrical store. I can still remember his last sentece to me, 'If JayCar does not carry it, the whole of Australia will not have it.' It gave me alot of hope. I believed in what he said too. If the store does not carry it, im gonna go bonkers!

I managed to find the store which is roughly 10mins drive. I went into the store and they really is live up to their reputation. They sell alot of electrical stuff. Small parts too. So i thought this would me the place. It would be the one that will carry the fuse i want. When i step up to the counter, i gave the assistant the fuse i was finding. He looked around all the small little drawers where you keep small parts. He searched again. Then he turned to me saying that the store does not carry 3A fuses. DAMN IT!!!

So i drove back home, feeling all lost and down. I went back to my place, grabbed my entire charger unit and went out again. I went back to the first place to look for a replacement. Hoping that at least they have the replacement power cable for my charger. Turns out they do not sell power cable. They have the charger unit fit for a range of computers. When i brought it to the counter, it cost me a whopping A$100 for it. After an entire day, 5hours of driving to six different places and i ended up paying so much for a charger. I wonder why such a thing happen to me when im so near the exams...

No comments: