Sunday, September 14, 2008

Beijing Paralympics

I've been working on my assignment for the past week. So while doing, i like to have the TV on or music playing so it does not sound very silent in my room. Sometimes the telly does not have much to see or nothing nice to watch. So i just have it on while i concentrate on my work.

Once awhile i will see what is it that im tuning to. Recently the Beijing Paralympics is on. Not live coverage but recorded telecast of the games. I was appalled at how strong the paralympians are. How mentally and physically strong. A man from Australia ran 200m at 20 seconds to break the world record. His diability? Cerebal palsy. I doubt i can do 20 seconds for 200m. Another one was this lady who was on the speeder wheelchair (i don't know what its called), she broke three world records in a single day. Each event is only 60 minutes difference. Amazing... They are seriously stronger. I am seriously amazed at what i've seen.

Guess this is what it means by if it doesn't kill you, it makes you stronger.

No comments: