Sunday, September 07, 2008

Happy Father's Day

As a young boy, i have never quite appreciate Father's Day as much as Mother's Day. I do not know why... I have always looked up to my big man but i have never celebrated Father's Day. Even if it is, its just a simple dinner like any other weekend. This time... The feeling is rather intrigue. I was planning to call him near the evening time of the day. In the end, he called me in the mid-noon.

We chatted a little bit over the phone. He asked me about my school work, my lifestyle and my overall well-being. As usual, its always the good stuff. Half-truths here and there to make it rosy for him to hear. Do not wish him to worry about me when he has so much to worry about already.

At the ending of our conversation, he asked when will i be going back home. I could not give him a definite answer as the exam timetable has yet to be released. He told me that the Carlsberg HQ is having the incentive trip this year to Sydney. They will be heading there around mid-november. The plan is simple... I fly domestically to Sydney to join my Mom in the trip and then fly back together with her. That way i can save on the trip back to home. Then the flight back here next year will be an open-return flight. Well... It's something that i have not expected...

No comments: