Wednesday, October 14, 2009

D-Day - 13

Those not familiar with the military term, D-Day - 13 means 13 days till a a significant date. And yes... I have 13 days left till my Expo, which is my FYP's exhibition.

After three months of slog, the past month has been the most crucial and excruciating... Team members have started coding earlier to prepare for the workload that is being thrown at them. They have put in alot of effort and i seriously applaud them for the work they have put in. They have put in so much effort, pain and frustration that i felt that i've not put in enough. And as we are less than two weeks left till the exhibition, the feeling is getting worse. At nights, i can't sleep well thinking that i should have participated more, provided more help or even sacrifice my own personal enjoyment to work on the project.

As we are nearing the dateline, i feel obliged to just take over everything and tell them to take a break. But they don't seem to be taking their foot off the pedal, they are still pushing forward. Ever inching more and more... Though it is a good sign that they are very much into this project as much as me, it makes me feel that i have not pulled my weight. Well... I think i can only find out how they feel about my contribution during the peer evaluation.

And to believe that within four weeks im doing my final exam paper, eight weeks till graduation, possibly ten weeks till i go back home. How i miss home...

No comments: