Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Challenge Completed

Finally... I have completed the challenge given to my by my parents. Thanks to an ex-classmate of mine that i have found a suitable employer for the company. She will officially start work next monday. She was new to the area so i went over to Harbourfront to pick her up. Initially upon meeting up, she looked timid and soft-spoken. After some chatting and knowing more about her history, she is actually a grown woman in a petite body. Haha... On the bus, an old lady smiled at me and pointed a finger at her. I just smiled back and wishing we were not on the same wavelength. I doubt she noticed her as she just walked to the back of the bus. Before we alight from the bus, it was a little drizzling. Its a good thing i brought a brolly down. I opened up the brolly to shield her from the rain. Felt like some kind of romantic movie... When we reached the office, my parents were having lunch. So it was pretty awkward for her to see them. So i introduced her to them and took her outside to explain the daily business flow of the company. I guess i did a pretty good job. She understood everything. After that, i photocopied the application form for her. After completing the form, my Mum spoke to her on her job scope. She felt that she might be a good employee so she(Mum) hired her(employee) immediately. The accomplishment of this task made me felt that i have contributed to the company permanently. I have faith in her that she will be an asset to the company. After everything, i sent her to the bus stop. He bus came abruptly and she left hurriedly. I celebrated quietly after she boarded the bus and walked back to the office. Along the way, i forgot to pass her our namecard! Arghz... Maybe next time...

Street-smart and knowledge-smart. Which is better? Some say that learning how to survive in the real world is more important. Some say the opposite. What do i say? I say getting a degree in street-smart and holding a diploma in knowledge-smart. Why i say so? Life experiences and failures are what books and teachers cannot pass on. It is experiencing it by yourself that you know the ups and downs of the obstacles in life. When the obstacle repeats, you would not fall into the same trap as the previous obstacle. The Human mind learns to survive, not to absorb knowledge. If i ever want knowledge, i can always read up in the library. That is where the knowledge bank is, with unlimited withdrawals. Even though the withdrawals are loans from the back, they are usually interest free(unless you return late). If there is a financial bank that operates the same as the library, please feel-free to contact me as soon as possible.

Live and Learn...

No comments: