Monday, November 28, 2005

The Gruelling 28KM Route March

'Are you ready for the challenge??' bellowed the CO of SISPEC before i set foot for my 28KM march. That was on friday night at 10pm, at the football field facing the HQ building. Together with me are my buddies from my section and friends from the same platoon. We all dread this day as we know the 28KM will definitely 'injure' us more than we enjoying it. Nevertheless, we just pushed ourselves for it and advanced towards the final checkpoint. During the march, some will want to fall out, some wanted to give up. 'No F**king way are you going to fall out this last time,' said my Platoon Seargent. I kinda agreed with him. After 10 weeks of tough trainning and crazy mind games they play with us, are we going to just fall out and quit like a loser? Are we such quitters that we do not have any self-pride of finishing the 28KM march? NO F**KING WAY!!! Haahaha... Well, none of us fell out. We completed the march with the same numbers as we started out. It was an achievement, a personal achievement. Definitely something to remember before i finish my NS liability. With every training has been done and passed, therefore the only thing that is left is the corporal rank that will be put on by my officer to mark the end of my training and also the 'level up' of rank. Finally... I am a corporal!! Definitely some bloody idiots will say, 'Corporal so what, everywhere also can find.' Well... It is definitely hard earned and mine will be special... Mine, like the others who graduate with me, will get to promote to the seargent rank. The rank of leadership. Which means more responsibiity, more tough training and definitely more shit work. But it pays better than some normal corporal. Spiderman's phrase for survival is 'With great power, comes with great responsibility.' I guess for me, it should sound something like this, 'With higher or more salary, comes with higher level or more shit work.' Haha... Well, posted to ATEC. Now will be going there to report and see what they do. Whether will i suffer or enjoy my life there, i cannot choose. But im glad that im left with 1 year, 7 months in the Army.

No comments: