Sunday, February 17, 2008

Hey Ho From Melbourne

Wow... So much things to blog, guess i gotta do a quick one with photos to explain the rest.

After passing through the security, i did not want to look back. I just wanted to walk to my gate and get up on my plane as quick as i could. But looking at the scene around me, i got a feeling my friends would wanna do the same too. They wanna wave crazily to me while i wave back and see them for one last look. So i turned around, saw them waving their most sincere goodbyes at me. With each wave, a blessing from them to me. And i feel blessed to have friends like them.

Best of the Best

Upon arrival at the airport, i contacted my airport pick up and soon was driven to my motel. Nothing spectacular... Below is the photo, you can see its somewhat 2-3times the size of my home toilet. The bed was lousy, the TV was sucky and there was only 1 power socket. Guess they didn't want me to use too much electricity.

Temp Accomd Room

After that, i went to register in my school and also my life in Melbourne alone. Good thing i learnt all the life skills before coming over. Well, not all exactly. I guess i still have to consult a few people here and there. While finding my future accomodation, im stumble upon a sign saying there is a free concert in a park nearby. So i went over with my bag of chips and a bottle of coke. But i was overwhelmed by the attendence there. There are families all over! I would say roughly 1000 people are there watching the concert. All with their nice picnic floor mats, wine, assortment of cheeses and all kinds of food and fruits. Its pathetic comparing them with me.

Concert in the Park
Yea, there were lots of insects flying around that night. Too small to even be seen by the naked eye.

So today i went to the city to do some sightseeing. It was an adventure to see the city on foot. I gotta learn everything all over again. Like where to get the free busses and trams, where to find the cheapest food, etc. An adventure all over... And i set myself a target that i must bring back a pillow today, the motel's pillow is totally flat. So i went out and bought myself a nice comfy pillow. Yeah!

New Pillow

Well... Thats all for now. Hopefully i get a place to stay as soon as possible. I want to get out of this crummy place!

No comments: