Sunday, August 31, 2008

Nike Human Race and First Day of Spring

Today was the day. 25 countries ran on this day. A total of 1 million participants. I'm one of them. One of contributors to his world record event.

It was a chilly morning when i woke up. It rained pretty heavily during the early hours of the morning. I can hear the clashing of the raindrops on my windows before i drift off to sleep. I changed into my gear and left home with lots of excitement and hope. The rained had stop before i dropped of the station near the starting point. While walking there, you can see many others wearing the same. They too share the same feeling as i do. Once im there, i checked in my bag and proceeded to the starting point.

The temperature was getting better. It was definitely not as cold as my training days. It is the last day of winter anyway. So as i stepped into the back of the crowd where everybody waited for the gun to fire off. Some final stretches and the race started. The running course took us round the botanical gardens, into the city, off to another garden and back to the botanical gardens. It felt like i'm running back home when the marathons are usually held in the city limits.

After 55mins, i've arrived at the finishing line. Its been awhile since i've ran that fast and that long. The fastest guy in Melbourne was 32mins, so im aiming to at least hit 45mins for my next 10km run. The ultimate goal is still the 42km marathon at the end of the year. I will look forward to seeing my friends back in Singapore where we complete the marathon together.

Oh... Did i mention that tomorrow will be the first day of Spring? Okie. Tomorrow will be the first day of Spring. NO MORE BONE CHILLING DAYS!!

1 comment:

lynn-j said...

I completed the race too!! But not as fast as you.. Alot of people running at SG. Super cramp at some routes, can only walk through lo..