Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Im Chosen and Hunted!!

This blog consists of two parts, chosen and hunted. I will explain both parts as much as i can.

Chosen
Last friday was suppose to be the tryouts, but it was pouring so we had indoor training again. I always liked indoor training as the game is faster and more about personal skills. I'm not always good at personal level but i love to team up with players whom i can communicate and work together effectively. Enough about me, the tryout was postponed to today. The guys were split into two teams by the coach and we were playing a game against each other. The game ended in 2-2 after an hour. After that the coach shifted players around and we continued the 2nd part of the game. My team lost 4-2.

It was pretty easy to spot that the other team was the first eleven. Ended the tryouts with the coach confirming the first eleven and the second eleven. I didn't want to be the first eleven as i would have to attend extra trainings which i cannot afford at the moment. So i hoped for the second eleven. My name was the first the to be called out. Coach said to me that i can run alot but i have to work on my ball control and cutting in. He told me to work hard on placing my crossings too. Well... I could not ask for more now. At least i can await my chance to play for the school.

Hunted
Word of my running got on quickly. I joined the Nike Human Race as my friends in Singapore are doing it, my brother is doing it plus a close friend of is joining too. So i just want to there for the t-shirt and the participation. I joined the run and my friends introduce me to the running captain of Monash University. He tells me that i was hunted by him to run the Standard Chartered Marathon in Singapore at the end of the year. The perks of joining the run under Monash; free registration, running clinics and commendation letter on representing Monash University. Cool! So i guess i will be seeing my friends at the end of the year at Padang. No more oily food for me!! Darn...

No comments: