Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Ski Trip: More Trip, Less Ski Continues...

Day 2
After a good rest, we woke up early to have brekky at the lounge area. It was simple pancakes and eggs. I can still feel all my sores and my aches. It was really bad. I was tired and sore all over. After brekky, we headed back to our rooms and i fall asleep again. I was really tired. In the end, i went out in the afternoon when it was not so cold.

This time i borrowed my friend's snowboard and took it out for a try. Another friend was snowboarding the previous day and she joined me. Or should i say, she accompanied me while i fall and tumble. Hehe...

I took the snowboard up the ski lift and put them on. The first try i fall on my ass really really hard. I can hear the bump! But i kept trying no matter what... Stood up and tried again all over. Kept falling and tumbling but i told myself i have to at least snowboard a small distance before i give up. Until i tumbled pretty badly on my belly that felt like a jab, i decided to sit up and look at how those pros do it. I had almost took off my board before my friend came up to me and gave me some advice. I took it and slowly i was controlling the board rather good. I was snowboarding but not as cool as you would have imagined.

After two runs down the mountain and i changed back to my skis. I sucked at snowboarding but i liked the adrenaline while going down on my skis. It is a feeling you cannot describe. I would love to do skiing or snowboarding again. But i guess i have to wait till the next season...

At the end of the day, the mountain got a rush of fog and it was really bad. Visibility was really difficult and it would be very dangerous if any accidents were to happen. So we took the ski lift back down. We handed back all our equipment and went back to the lodge to clean up and have dinner.

Dinner was another amazing experience. If you check out my Facebook photos, you would see how small that piece of fish is. Haha... It was lucky that i chose the chicken pastry. Haha... After dinner, a couple of friends and I sat down and started drinking wine. It was nice to drink with friends and chat about anything under the sun. We talked about clubbing scenes in Singapore to girls from the Orient. It was incredible how two bottles of wine can open up people.

Day 3
We woke up and had brekky soon after. It was bacon, eggs and beans. Something like a mini American Breakfast. Too bad no sausages... We packed our stuff, had a little snowball fight and checked out of the lodge soon after. Frantically took photos with everyone as we would not see each other(there are other Singaporeans from other Unis) and also exchanged contact. I hope to keep in contact with them and enjoy more happy times with them again.

No comments: