Thursday, December 22, 2005

Boring day with a Twist

After so many days of off and rest, i had to go back to work today. Went to work reluctantly and had to report in the wee hours of the morning. Due to that, i had to make an advance booking for a taxi to bring me there. In the end, i had to pay for 5mins of midnight surcharge, a advance booking fee and the fare trip. A total of $17.50. One of the most pricey fare tickets i have ever paid for in my life. So i arrived on time. What made the fare so unworth was that the event started late. 30mins late... I could have saved on the advance booking and made a current booking. There would not be a surcharge. 5mins!!!!

Well... So i just continued and went on with my job. Today i had to help out in the range. So called help... I was sleeping again most of the time. What i did there was almost the same as what i usually do in the office. Slack there, read my magazines there, had my lunch there, sleep there, etc. It was plain boring... To think we would have to come again tommorrow to suffer this again. Boy am i dreading this...

So i went to my usual sleeping pose and started to switch off. Suddenly my partner nudged me and asked me to follow him. We are goin home and not staying back for the night shoot. YEAH!! So we grab our stuff, sat in one of our officer's vehicle and he zoomed us back to office. Damn we are so glad. The conducting officer also said that we are not needed tomorrow, meaning another day of off. Double YEAH!!

Upon arrival at the office, i realise that the security door is locked. There are two doors we need to access before we can go into the office. One is the main door(think of the gate) and the other is the glass door(think of the wooden door). I only had the glass door passcode, not the main door. So it was like... ARGHZ!!!! My bag is inside and my stuff are inside too. Damn... In the end, my partner and i went back home empty handed with only the bare minimal to travel home.

No comments: