Monday, December 12, 2005

Model #626

Another boring day it was. Actually i had a task to do. We are suppose to make our way to Bedok camp for interaction. We should be there by 1130hrs. In the end, there is no transport there and no one is able to send us there. So we stayed in the office minding our own business. As usual, proceed to lunch. But this time we took a walk down SISPEC. The place is HUGE!! I mean, way bigger than the one i attended my BSLC(Basic Section Leader Course). I went to my old company to take a look and by chance meet with any of my seargents. Since they are all on 'leave', i took my leave and head back to office. It was the same-same stuff as every other day but today was rather different. The Doc was in the house and he needed some models to showcase 'injuries' that will happen in war time. A deep laceration on the upper arm down to the side of the body. 2 bullet holes within 15cm apart. It was up to the combat medics to do 'make-up' and making the scars and blood look real. I was promoted to model and had to be 'made-up' for the doc. They applied colors and some glue to make the scars. It was pretty real. Like some Hollywood films special effects. I took a pic of the laceration, but i guess its too late to post the pictures. Well... That is what happens in the army, you only get to do that in the army. Do you think an entrepreneur gets to do make up of bullet wounds, lacerations and burnt flesh in the office?? I don't think so...

No comments: