Saturday, December 24, 2005

Thoughts of the Christmas Gift

I just watched an episode of 'Everybody Loves Raymond'. The entire show was telling the audience about how much thought is put into a gift before giving it to someone they like. It is those little details that his wife emits during those normal days that makes him get something she yearn so much.

After watching the it, i thought to myself... Did i put in enough effort and thought for the gifts i have bought for my loved ones? I sat there, my mind went through all the gifts sitting in my room. How much time i took to find each gift. How much i think would be a good and useful gift to that person. Whether he/she is gonna like it. As my thoughts slowly form up and remind me of time i have spent finding the perfect gift. I realise that my gift would never be a perfect or an overall thoughtful gift. That is because i always miss out on the little things that my loved ones show during the normal times!

The gifts i have bought are what i think they may need. Or What they may like... Like and need are just temporary and usually people will get it for themself in due time. A thoughtful gift is something that they never want to get it for themselves and they want it to come from somebody's hands(or paid by somebody's wallet). The Christmas spirit says 'Tis the season of giving'. I think this has to be taught and learned as a skill. Giving is just a minor step, very easy to learn and hurdle over. What to give and the value of the gift is something that requires years to master.

So what i ask of my friends and who ever reads my post, please be thankful that every gift comes with effort and thought. Every present does come with a price tag, but beyond the price tag, is what made the present worth.

No comments: