Thursday, February 17, 2005

Mission: Intolerable

Today is a stressful day. I have been given commands to do alot of things at such a short time. Marketing department ask me to help out, IT department wants me to do some minor research, Boss Wife wants me to help her entertain clients. ARGHZ!!! Im one person and i only work for nine hours a day. More than that, you talk to my LO. Pay me $400 and ask me to work like you pay a full-time staff. After two months working there, i still keep the same thinking i had before i started ITP. Paying little for a professional. I do think that we Poly students are professionals. We are trained for a particular industry. That is our profession. Today as i entertain a few clients, two of them are Poly graduates. They are now mid-level management people. Young, single and half-rich. I say half-rich because they are earning more than they are spending. The rich are the ones that earn so much, they will take a long time to spend their money. So i chatted with them and ask them for advice on remaining at the spot where they are. Both of them told me different things, but i realise one thing. Both of them hung on to it like their lives depend on it. I think that is the attitude that the higher people wants to see. I will keep that in mind when i finish my Army days and go on to work.

Less work please...

No comments: