Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Lightning Struck Twice??

Yesterday i was sick, i just recovered a little today and another thing overwhelmed me again. As i end the gruesome day of the working life and head back home, i walked down to my house basement to open the mailbox. As i open it, i saw something pink inside. At first thought, another Lunar New Year card to bless the family. But as i reach in for it and pull it into the close range of my eyes. I realise it was not what i thought. There written using Arial on font 22(estimation); MINISTRY OF DEFENCE. I am shocked to see a letter sent to me from MinDef. So i carried the unopenned and sealed letter to my room. Dropped my stuff, change my clothes and settled down to rest. I stretched out my arm to grab that piece of sealed letter... Wondering what the MinDef wanted me to do? I tear the sides of the letter like the same way i used to open the exam timetable my school always send. There printed clearly that i must report to Pasir Ris MRT at 8.30AM. The first sentence sent me to the brink of hell. My mind was from an anxious mood to a BOLLOCKS mood. I live in the west, you are telling me to travel all the way to Pasir Ris and report 8.30am sharp at the MRT station?!?! Furthermore, i am to have my breakfast before i report! A little note to the Government... I am still schooling and im at my internship. My company is torturing me with all kinds of instruments they have at the office. Now this has to happen. After a few seconds of BOLLOCKS mood, i returned back to reality. A simple peace of mind for 15 seconds and im sent back to BOLLOCKS mood again. The Commando Camp is situated at Changi, so a shuttle service from Pasir Ris is going to bring me there. Does that mean i get a tour of the place im going to die before i go in?? Wow... Like some kind of preview of the latest movie ya? Man... The Commandos. They yield the highest honour and respect. But for now, i guess i just enjoy the time i have till the enlistment date.

Note: If you do not want to end up like me in the Commando Unit, please DO NOT let your little friend jump too high. A law created by a junior of mine at the club last month when we were at Sentosa. He should know who...

No comments: