Friday, June 25, 2004

Another Busy Day

Woke up 9am sharp. Had breakfast and watched some TV. Missed local TV. Played some games on my PS2 and enjoyed the music on my PC. Planned out my day and set off during the early afternoon. Went to the arcade to splash out cash and get some serious entertainment. Its been awhile since i visited the place. Saw one guy playing a game and sat there like forever. I think he have spend so much money and time on that game till he memorise the whole gaming environment. I left the arcade and went on to get a haircut. Kinda hate my hair, not that it does not look good. But it grows back too fast. My friends have a haircut like 2 times a month, i do it once a month. And im like paying so much for each haircut. To maintain a short and neat hairstyle maybe that is the way to go. Ate lunch quite late, and proceeded to attend a meeting with the Singapore Computer Society (SCS) members. My clubmate joined in the discussion. Did quite alot of planning and discussion and went on for like very very long. Went our own ways soon when we ended the meeting.

Recognition in the society. Will anyone know about me, Koh Aik Keong, when im in my 20s or 30s? Will people talk about me when they have no topic to talk about? Will there be more people knowing me dan me knowing more people? That is what went through my mind when im travelling around today. Our Prime Minister, sure everyone knows him. But does he knows me? That is the most important part. Myabe not all people like recognition, some people like to do things without getting any recognition. They just like to help and be happy. Im sometimes the former and the latter. I like to do things so that people can recognise me and say that im the one that did this, im that famous guy that did that. Also, i like to do things that no one ever knows who did it and thank the nameless. I not sure why i feel like this... But getting too recognise is also a problem. Eg. A SG man won $250K in 'Who Wants to be A Millionaire' gameshow. 2 weeks later, some guy went to find him to loan him $50k to pay for his medical bills. More and more ran after him for money. So is that good or bad?

Recognition: Good? Bad?

No comments: