Thursday, June 03, 2004

Vesak Day Celebration

Another boring public holiday. Day where life goes on without any surprises or motives. Started by having breakfast at the West Coast Park (WCP) Macdonald's. The place was spacious and very comfortable. I always liked WCP, for its serenity and calmness. Usually the crowd will gather during the weekends and public holidays. So today is no different either. Had to queue up long for food, and the search for a place is bloody difficult. Anyway, breakfast was kinda like a mad rush. Not really enjoyable. Nearing the early afternoon, my parents and i seperated. My dad complained of neck strain and stiff shoulders. So he went for a massage. Ask for my comments on which shop is better... Im like com'on, do i look like visit such parlour? So i followed my mum to the grocery store. We bought our monthly neccessities. Yes, monthly. Each time we go there, we will fill the trolley to the brim. Once we even filled up two trollies. So we carried the stuff back home by the mid-afternoon. Reach home, unpacked all the food and stuff. I continued the day by sitting infront of my monitor. Talked with my VP the whole afternoon till she logged off to rest her eyes. Keep posting her fun facts that either made her laugh or made her disgusted and scolding me crazy. But its facts, as if what i told her are lies. During the conversation, we even shared links on what designs for our blog. But in the end, i realise i rather stick with the old one. Can't even solve my own problem of putting links on the blog. Played games till my uncle came over. He brought me the 3 episodes of LOTR. I guess soon im gonna have a marathon of LOTR. Anybody want to join me??

Im still wondering why holidays are still so boring. Only holidays such as Chinese New Year, Christmas, New Year's Day & public holidays that falls on a Sunday. Why the last one is so special? As the Singapore Government had set in donkey years time, if a holiday falls on a Sunday the following monday will be a holiday too. Thats why i like such holidays. But TV is getting more and more cheapo. The news have just finished announcing who won the Ms. Universe and they are showing the pageant. Isn't that killing thier viewership?? Anyway, Ms. USA is a real blonde, dumb looking blonde. Ms. Aussie is B-E-A-U-tiful!! I would like to get 'down' and 'under' with her. Haha... But i guess, its just the way how cable TV earns thier money. If we the younger generation, the generation with the most spending power, cannot be attracted to TV. I wonder where will the advertisers go after? Retirement folks that got their CPF and have nothing to spend? Hmm... I wonder...

Faithless in TV...

No comments: