Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Heartland Shopping

Had to drag myself off bed to prepare for the day ahead. Wash up and changed into outdoor clothing. Packed my bag for a shopping trip and a badminton game. In the end... We just went for a shopping trip. 1st stop, the girls went for lunch. Paid for their drinks. Maybe they will repay me later with better stuff?? I think im dreaming. After that we start our shopping. Went to the pharmacy to buy first aid items. Had a budget to follow, kinda tight so we had to really make sure our money are spent fully. Next, we went over to the neighbourhood bookstore to get some shuttlecocks, white paper and some colouring pens. After that, the club needed a new fan. The big kind with a big propella that really gives alot of blowing power. So we went to get one for the club. Carrying such heavy stuff, we went back to the club to unload the stuff. After that, we went over to Turf City. The gals, VP, Logistics Head & Treasurer, never went to Turf City before. Since my previous job was there, i brought them over to have a look around. The starting wasn't really nice as they had to wait for the bus. 30mins interval, my VP began to feel bored. Written all over her face. We board the bus as soon as it arrives and reach TC by the late afternoon. Walked about and took a look around. Since our motive is to get some masking tape and raffia string (plastic ropes), but the masking tapes were too expensive and the raffia string was damn small. We gave up on TC and suggested to follow my VP advice. A shopping centre near her place sells handicrafts and stationery cheap. Continue walking about and bought some food to fill my Treasurer and myself. After that, we took the same ride home. Seperated ourselves when we reached the train station.

Today was not a long day. We spent some quality time together. I realise that i have spent alot of time with them. My clubmates are more than friends to me. Now they somewhat my closest friends i ever have. Other than the biker friends, they can be considered my second closest friends. Heck, i spent more time with the latter compared to the formal. But sometimes they neglect me, keep secrets from me and form outing among themselves that i will never know. But i understand. They do need their gal time too. Somethings i just don't fit in even im too used to female company. Sometimes i don't think that way. I look at the situation in only one way. But i always look things on the positive side. Even death have a positive side. When looking at these positive sides, it made things alot more acceptable and enjoyable.

Friends arn't forever...

No comments: