Wednesday, June 23, 2004

I'm BACK!!

After 10 days on unblogging, i realise my blog have lost a lot of content. I'm not sure how to summarise the past few days but i just try. Went to New Zealand for a holiday trip with my relatives. Toured the towns and cities, they sure know how to live and use their excess land. Driving around the country, i have seen countless cows, sheeps and horses. Guess they are a country of westerners with a living style of the countryside. After ariving back to Singapore, i went back to school for my club's Freshmen Orientation Camp(FO). Helped around as much as possible, didn't knew what was happening so i just crashed through and put my thinking on my feet. Almost went into the point of exhaustion, but realise that if that happens the camp might not be complete. Really appreciated my seniors to come down to help or take a look around the camp. I still feel kind of unhappy that the Year1s took advantage of using people that are there. A long story and a sensitive issue. I really do hope my seniors forget about it as soon as possible. And lastly, i do hope my Year1s learn something out of this camp. They the organisers have been under alot of pressure and i do understand the feeling. I am in their shoes once. Planned for a 'club bonding' camp. Alot of hardwork, blood, sweat and tears(no tears actually...) is put in that camp. After the whole camp, the organisers realised most of their mistakes. I believe in 'Learning by Making Mistakes', it's a sure win effective way to learn life skills.

After so many days of not sleeping home, i actually missed my pillow like the last few times i went overseas for long. New Zealand was fun, but the living costs and the transportation costs are very high. Especially in the Capital city. I ate lunch in one of the towns and just see whether how long i can survive there. You do the calculation.
(Conversion -- SGD 1.15 = NZD 1):

1) Net use in the internet cafe is charged 10mins $2, 15mins $3, 30mins $4, 1hr $5, subsequent hour or less are charged $2.50. And the 1st 2 mins are free.

2)A plate of a burger, a small portion of salad and fries cost $9.50. Curry beef and rice cost the same amount and its not spicy, just curry powder, milk and beef to make the curry. Burger King meals are charged at $6-7 for a normal meal. But the good thing is free flow of drinks.

3) Parking in the Cpaital City, 1hr $4. In towns, 1hr $2.

Just see the exhorbitant prices there i'm kinda shocked. Maybe its just our currency not strong enough to go against the NZD.

Lastly, i want to emphasise the bond i have with my clubmates. After a year of planning, organinsing and executing events, i have a bond with them. I really feel like a family when im with them. Even though we have our ups and downs, we went through it. I can feel the bond with them and i can see that we care for each other. I get to be called a molester, a pervert, a sex maniac and a whole lot more. The names don' hurt me, but the i feel that we got closer when they did that. Just today, i saw the most tounching scene in my life i have dedicated to the club. My clubmates, my best girl-friends, they on the spot dropped a tear or two infront of me. Im like... 'Arghz!!! 1 girl and im crazy, 3 girls together!!' Im a sucker and a loser when girls cry, just cannot take it when a gal cry. The highest ranked weapon ever wielded since the creation of the 2nd human being. I go weak when i see this...

Lastly, i want to end this long summary by saying thank you to the 5 beautiful ladies that gave me laughter, sadness, anger, watever feelings that is noted in the dictionary. Had an amazing time with them. Never a dull momment. If you ladies are reading this. I would like to say thank you for all the help, care and concern you have given me. I will treasure the times with had and i will always remember the 5 gals and a (perverted) guy.

Thank you all...

No comments: