Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Leave Another Day

Not been blogging recently... Due to the stress level im having and the activities im involved, im getting exhausted very fast. Today was the continuation of the FOP week. All of us club members are tired but we can see that we did enjoy the activity together. Hardwork and all will pay off. Only some things can be applied on that but im sure this is one of them. So today was just to let the Freshmen get familiar with the computer system in our school. So there is alot of obstacle here and there but we got through all in the end. I even have to lead lost sheep back to their classes. A tiring job, but somebody got to do it. After that, i had lunch with my VP, Treasurer and the upcoming club member. Had quite a good conversation and a satisfying lunch. Been 2 months not eating at Foodcourt 6. After that, we went back to MLT 12 and dismissed from then. Most of my clubmates went home or went out but i stayed on with my VP and another 2 more clubmates. Brought one of them to the Police Department, to report on a lost radio. We didnt went in so we waited outside. Since he took quite long, we went our way to get some chocolates and i went on to back some cash. Man, am i unlucky or what. I've been using the cash deposit machine for 2 years and this is the first time i get a jammed machine due to my notes. Are my money that rough to jam a machine? I had to make a report to the lady inside the bank and wait for my money to be deposited the next morning. Went back to meet up with my friends and we went to get some chocolates for the FOP. After that, we went to a coffee shop to get some R&R. Ordered some drinks and food to accompany us. Had a great conversation with one of the quietest member in the club. He did quite alot in the FO camp and was really not noticed. After that, we parted as the others had plans for the evening. I went to my one of my buddies place to retrieve a Harddisk (HDD). My club's HDD. It went bonkers or something. After that, i headed home.

Finally, we can put all our worries and handover the control to the next batch of clubmembers to inherit the club. I don't really have somebody in mind to like put in. Usually the previous post holders will propose someone and everyone will vote for it. I don't really have the power to veto any votes and propose somebody for the posts. What i can do is, think whether is the person they choose up for the post. Are they mentally and physically ready for all the work that is to be done. Are they able to handle the stress that comes with it. Im not in the position to say this much but i wonder... Did the previous batch, my seniors, thought of all this when they chose us? Did that thought ran through their minds when they were doing the voting? I, myself, is already thinking so much. I wonder what is on the minds of the post holders. Are they as worried as me? Maybe its the feeling of finally finding another 'home' to belong to. Long time ago, left a 'home' i spent almost 6 years there. Been finding another place to belong to. After really feeling like 'home', i realise its time to move out and move on again. I have a sense of belonging to the club and i don't feel like leaving. Maybe that is why i don't understand what my seniors told me when i met them. Never have feelings with the club, its like a relationship. It's filled with happiness and lots of other emotions when you are with them. But once you are about to leave, the sadness and grief starts to creep up on you.

Place called 'home'...

No comments: