Tuesday, December 14, 2004

2nd Day

Day two of torture. Nothing much was done, nothing much was learnt. I learnt that printing labels can be really troublesome. Aligning and test print, i like took 1hr to adjust the stupid thing. After that i still had to trim the labels. I practically spend the whole day using a razor and ruler to cut the labels up. In the morning, my partner and i both took tests. The company had these tests to determine your IT knowledge and stuff. In the end, none of the tests we passed. I expect my partner to do better than me, but he failed all of them too. Guess we are both on the same boat. There are still somemore tests for me to take. It is so dead boring, almost fell asleep doing the tests. But the office had some biscuits so i took a packet and ate while doing the tests. Perk me up a little to finish the tests. The tests are not what you learn in Poly. Those tests ask questions that are posed for the professionals. Maybe the company think too highly of the both of us. We left the company late and i joined my sis for dinner. She accompanied me to buy clothing required for Thursday. I got what i wanted but i ran out of cash and she did not bring her card out. So i had to reserve it and got my Aunt to pick it up tommorrow. Guess i owe her one. After that, i ate dinner at one of the stalls in Takashimaya. At first i wanted to eat fish & chips. But the store is fully occupied. All the customers were just arrived and just started eating. In the end, i just settled my dinner at some Japanese stall. I ate and chatted with my sis. It has been a long time since i met up with her. I can see that she is fine and healthy. Hope she stay this way all the time. After dinner, we walked across this fun fair to take bus. I joked to her that she can go up on the bouncy castle as she is below the acceptable height of 1.6m. She laughed and laughed. As we walked about, we talk about everything. At the busstop, i decided to send her home. Its pretty late and to let a pretty lady walk home alone is definitely not me. Especially she is my sister. After seeing her arrive safely at home, i embarked on my journey home. Sis home is just 1hr away from mine.

Life is beginning to feel boring. 3-4 days ago, i felt that going to work or going for my ITP should be fun. It should be different from studying in the Poly. I was right and wrong. Nothing much was learned while there. Difference is definitely felt. Instead of jeans and tee, im wearing long-sleeves and straight pants with leather shoes. I report to work 9am sharp instead of always going to lesson late. I had to eat faster than usual. I had to report whatever i do to someone. It is like im a cheap labour in a high earning company. I can see that the boss is very rich and he can afford high class stuff. Maybe that is why he is so successful now. Hope one day i can be like him and become rich. But he is not my role model, my role model would always be my Dad. He will be my life model. I will learn what is right from him and use his faults to learn mistakes. One thing that i must crack before anything bad happens to him... How did a primary 4 dropout married a degree holder???

Learning everything possible...

No comments: