Monday, December 27, 2004

The Aftermath

Today was so damn tired. I slept less than six hours. The mind was a total blank when i woke up. Than something hit me really hard. Something non-materialistic. I remembered that today is staff meeting day. I must be 15mins earlier than usual!! ARGHZ!!! So everything was rushed. Clothing, just grab and go. When i was quite near the bus terminal, the bus i was suppose to take left. Right infront of my eyes, it left. I felt that the bus gave me a smirk before leaving. MAN!!! IM GOING TO BE LATE!!! So i hailed a cab and went down to office as fast as possible. To my surprise, i arrive earlier than most of the employees there. Wasted my six bucks. So i attended the meeting and went on with the day. Near the end of the day, with 10mins left to end work time... Boss came over and asked me to do a table plan for the company. He is buying three tables and wants me to adjust the seating plan. Why can't the bos just le me go home?? Ask me do the floor plan... Do i look like an interior design student?? Im an IT student for god's sake... Last week ask me repair lights, this wk ask me do floor plan. Next wk?? I cannot imagine what the Boss will ask me to do next. Clean the company windows?? Fix kettle?? Polish his shoes?? ARGHZ!!!!! Oh, and i started doing something educational. Im beginning to learn a new software.

It was a very sadening Christmas this year. Last week i just told about the King who killed all the babies as he is afraid that the baby would take over him. The slaughter of the innocents... This year the slaughter of the innocents came through. It came, it killed all of them and it left silently. The earthquake that caused so much death and so many missing in South East Asia left everyone shocked. What an enormous earthquake and it killed so many people. Furthermore, we had just celebrated Christmas. Is that a sign or is it just another normal natural disaster? I would not say much... I feel that the lives taken by natural disasters are really sad. Normal people like you and me are taken the right to live in just a few seconds. I suggest that we give thanks to our fortunate lives and say a prayer for the victims, both direct and indirect, that have suffered in the quake.

Bless the dead...

1 comment:

lynn-j said...

Ya lo.. Life is so unpredictable..Really never take things and people for granted.. So dun complain so much..! Got work better than no work!