Thursday, December 16, 2004

Microsoft Seminar

Today i attended my company's Microsoft(MS) Seminar. Man... It was a big event, i was not one of the important people so i did not know most people. I do not know who is our competitors, who are the MS people and who are the attendees. My duty is to give out free gifts to attendees. But how i know who is who?? In the end, i just gave out to who i see... Also, Boss have printed namecards for me. I took a small stack and went around giving my namecard to people. I do not care who is it but just give the namecards out. In the end, i like gave out almost 10 plus cards. Now what i am afraid is that clients will call and find me. By then, i do not know what to say... Think i will know what to say, what to do by then... I woke up damn early for the event and was totally tire out. We went back to office and continued to work. Boss did not give half day off to us. Man, i woke up at 6am to arrive at the place on time!!! I think that is why he is the boss and i am the intern. After work, i went to find my ex-VP. We had dinner together. We chatted and talked about everything. I sent her home as it was late. We ate near her home but it was dark and i could never let a girl walk home alone at night. So i sent her to her lift and said our goodbyes. I learnt this phrase in a camp when the camp chief closed the camp, 'Goodbyes are such sweet sorrows.' I believe i felt it all over again at that momment...

School: ITP is a good way for students to learn the working life outside. They will experience what is the working life and find that it is a tough world outside.

Me: ITP is a good way to see cheap labour. Companies get interns to do all kind of crap and pay them the minimum sum given by the school. So we find out that the real world treat interns as if they are paid to work but at a cheaper price.

My comments on my ITP till now. Maybe it will change, maybe it will not. But all i know is... Will my ITP change my thoughts and views about the Microsoft company?

Personal views noted...

No comments: