Friday, December 17, 2004

One Week has passed

One week has passed and i have only 15 weeks more to endure. Today was really a boring day. Boss was around most of the time, so i had to do things a little more productive. Well, i must say i put a very nice show today. He gave me the most boring job of all. I had to amend the alignments and header of 50 plus forms. All on word document. I'm like staring at the screen for more than three hours non-stop. Man, I was so afraid that it might kill my eyes!! Well, my seat faced one of office's windows. Once awhile i took some time off and stared at far away objects. What made it worse was my window is actually facing the Singtel building that is located just next to it!! It made me think of school and my friends... What a saddening momment for me... I also took physical breaks in between. Go toilet more often, drank more water and refill more often. Today is even worse... My partner was given a outdoor task! Man, he left the office at 2 plus. He was out sending corporate gifts to other clients of the company. I envy him. Able to leave the hell hole and go out enjoy the scenery. How i wished it was me who was outside giving the gifts. But as soon as evening approaches... I wasted time by going to the toilet slowly, took my cup and wash it in the pantry slowly. When it was time to leave, i pack my stuff, grab my bags and leave the hell hole totally. I met up with my ex-VP. I was really tired but how can i miss a dinner with her. So i went on and met her for dinner. We ordered a couple meal. Haha... In the end, it was like me eatin the couple meal and her eating the side dishes... After that, she got herself dessert by eating frozen yoghurt. We walked about while she slowly finishes her dessert. I can see that she is enjoying it with glee as she gobble down so fast that it freezes her mouth. I think its also due to the dessert that made her hiccup while i sent her home. Seeing her arrive safely at her home lift lobby and watching her go up, it gave me peace that she is home without a scratch. I headed my way to the busstop and took the long journey like i use to towards home.

I read an article about our language used by our children of Singapore. Some said that we should have a good grasp of the English language. While others supported aggressively on the importance of the Mother Tongue language. But i am wondering, we are Singaporeans. We are the multi-racial country that other countries admire. It is definitely we have our own culture of language. I totally support that. So if we are jacks of all language, but master at none. I personally feel that it is a good thing. Once awhile we may get mis-communications and mis-pronounciation. But what communication's goal is to get the message across. As long the message gets across to the desired party, it doesn't matter if the language spoken is not understandable by both parties.

Speak your language...

No comments: