Friday, January 14, 2005

Another Weekend

Another week has passed and i am on my way to installing a new software for the company. On Monday, i will be conducting a Hands-on Operation for the entire office staff. All staff will be taking the lesson. Well... Like they always say, a teacher is always harder than the student. This is no exception too. I had to type out a operation procedure document. It sucks to the core... It is something like my FYP project phase 2 where the document teaches you step-by-step on each function and what you will see. That is a chore man... No wonder documentation are hated by the software consultants in my office. I guess i am together with them. Today i did something that was really intresting. The company is hiring another three more staff. The resumes are in and Boss Wife gave the oppurtunity to filter through and select the ones i think it is appropriate for the company. Of course i had some guidance from her, a set of requirements the resume have. If it fits all the criteria, than he/she will be called in for an interview. If it falls between 75%~99% than it will go through another round of filtering. At the end of the day, i got eight interviewees and they will be coming next week. I even plan out who to come at what time and what are they applying for. Well... Just a little let out, one of the interviewee is a Miss Singapore contestant. She has gotten the rank of Top 5 in the competition in 2001. She does attach a photo, but it was blur and hard to comprehand. My partner and i are looking forward to meeting one of the most beautiful ladies on the island.

I always belive in cause and effect. My Boss Wife always tell me that the one above us will decide for us. Maybe that is why i am such a lousy believer. Those that knows me well will know that im a person with high determination. Nothing will stand in my way. Yesterday when i was speaking to a friend who is also a strong believer, she said that she put alot of believe in the one above. 'I hope i can do well. But it all boils down to where He wants to put me.' After hearing this, i asked her, 'So in terms of percentage, how much would u split them?' '50/50,' was her answer. I asked her if she wanted things to go her way. She just say she tried her best, which i am glad to hear, and the rest just let Him decide. I think such people just find comfort in thinking this way. It makes them feel better when things does not go the way they like. For me, i do it in this percentage. 90/10. I believe in 90% of myself and 10% on the one above. If i do not fight for it, it will never be mine. I do not want everybody to dis-believe in your own religion. But do think about this... When you fail, do you think that it is your fault? Or do you think that it is something that we cannot control ourselves?

Fate in hands...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha! i HATE coming up with documentations too.. totally sUx maNz! aRGh... So far NjOying ITP ba? (oR issit 'NjOying'?) hehs. =P stress is slowly building up for my FYP, N i aM oreadi starting 2 experience symtoms as u've mentioned - singing loudly in the lab, luffing hysterically over nothing, etc. True enuff, itz either nObody cares or every1 juz stares at you N im used 2 it liaoz! gOd bLess mE.. =/ btw, neXt wk's pOLy50 & im taking part leh... YEAH~!!~ *eXcited* ;D Take care paL! -rOSe-

Anonymous said...

haha!! tico tico!!! Who is the miss singapore contestant???

waicheng

ScOpIoN said...

She is Mindy Poon. U go Google.com, type her name in the search text and click the first link to see her pics. Some funkygrad website... Check Ong Liling out also, my partner says she looks almost as good or even better than her.