Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Starting Anew

The second entry of the new year. My blog is not even a year old. The birthday of this blog is coming. I still do not know what to give. Any ideas for it?? Went to work in the morning and i realise Boss came in earlier than me!! Was stunned so i quickly went to my workstation. Than i realise something is amiss... How come there is so little staff in the office?? That is the point i realise that there are three more staff members still not arrived yet. But Boss did not say anything to the latecomers. I guess he was lenient as long as you contribute to the business. I gave my evaluation of the software i have been testing and learning last week. Boss threw me some problems and i had to solve it at that momment. It is like presenting my FYP all over again. This time, i was prepared. I knew what is to be done and how it is to be done. A few minutes later, the Boss ask if it was logical and feasible to get the software for the company. I did not hesistate and said yes to the question. Next momment, he told me to write a report on the project and the budgeted time and money for the entire program. My very first company project. More work to do, but at least the mood was there. I finally able to contribute to the company. During lunchtime, Boss Wife sent me out of the company. She sent me back to school. But the motive was to promote our school food to them. I was suppose to buy 10 packets of good food in one foodcourt. I wanted so much to go to FC6, but i know during lunchtime. It will definitely kill me on the timing. So i proceeded to FC4. I bought different kinds of lunches. After lunch, Boss wife gave out survey forms and told everyone to rate my choice of food. Overall was 100pts, i got 89pts. Quite high, but the highest the intern got was 94pts. Man... Another six points and i could have beaten his highscore. The next trip will be my partner. Hope he does better than me.

How do you actually start anew?? What is the actual meaning of starting anew? Today i realise that starting anew is not just starting a new year. It means starting all over again. Doing things that you usually do another way. By doing so, you actually find new points to learn and more experience in life. By looking things at another angle, you find that it is totally new to you. Do not try to aim high-level tasks or daunting stuff. A simple change of hand of brushing your teeth everyday is something you can try. Trsut me, using the other hand to brush makes you feel like giving up on brushing teeth. But if you continue to do it for a period of time, im sure at some point you would want to try brushing your teeth with two brushes instead of one. Try something, take the risk and go for it.

Risk it all...

No comments: