Tuesday, March 29, 2005

ITP Ending

My internship is ending with the company. Soon i will be leaving the life of a carefree student and enter the world of military training. My partner is still sick after a day's rest at home. I guess he will be coming back soon. I have been covering up for him for so many days. I am almost out of breath. Boss ask me to do this. Boss Wife kept adding to my to-do pile. Furthermore, the CRM system we are using are having lag problems. When it lags, my working speed drops drastically. Starting to hate the system. Its okie... A few days more and i am out of this punishment. Anyway, Boss agreed to buy us lunch when we leave the office. Hope it is not a simple lunch at the nearby food centre.

Another quake, another few thousands lives have just passed on. Natural disasters are such massive WMDs. A huge quake and waves crushed an entire island of buildings and structures. Only one thing it proves... If we do not have warning systems or ways to communicate fast, we would always be victims of disasters. I always remember watching the movie, 'The Day After Tomorrow'. A very good movie to demostrate the power of nature. Nothing can help if nature decides to go crazy. The previous quake had almost 300,000 lives gone and millions affected. A total of two million volunteers went in to help and donation of almost 10 billion dollars. Would this quake have any volunteers and donations? I hope so... 10% of what is given from the last quake would definitely help the affected victims. But it would always be a dream for the victims...

Not another quake...

No comments: