Friday, March 25, 2005

Training@Avantus: Day 4

End of my training. Went for half a day as i did not feel so good in the morning. Rested and later met up with my colleagues at the training area. Had lunch with them and went back to the classroom soon after. I did not know what am i doing there actually. It is like being there physically and yet gain nothing except 'experience'. Experience of seeing the making of the software into the final product. So most of the time i just continued to surf the net and check my mails. At the same time took the time to chat with my friend using the windows messenger. The main aim to go there was just to collect the certificate. Without that certificate, i think my boss would kill me with a D grade on my ITP. After that i went back home to rest and freshen up before leaving for home again. This time for a speech training. Learning something that i did not learn at all in schools i studied. The trainer is giving commercial version of such training. Each person he charges $600~$800. I just paid $55 for 1/3 of the entire training. Entertaining and definitely something that i think may benefit me in the future.

'When I got shot, two bullets went through my stomach, liver, spleen, esophagus, left lung and right lung. The doctors and everyone, including me, was sure I was going to die, so we all got ready, and then I didn't do it. But I always wished I had died, and I still wish that, because I could have gotten the whole thing over with. Dying is the most embarrasing thing that can ever happen to you, because someone's got to take care of all your details. You've died and someone's got to take care of the body, make funeral arrangements, pick out the casket and the service and the cemetary and the clothes for you to wear and get someone to style you and do makeup. You'd like to help them, and most of all you'd like to do the whole thing yourself, but you're dead so you can't. Here you've spent your whole life trying to make enough money to take care of yourself so you won't bother anybody else with your problems, and then you wind up dumping the biggest problem ever in somebody else's lap anyway. It's a shame. I never understood why when you died, you didn't just vanish, everything could just keep going on the way it was only you just wouldn't be there. I always thought I'd like my own tombstone to be
blank. No epitaph, and no name. Well, actually, I'd like it to say "figment."'


Andy Warhol

My feelings exactly as this guy. Put his name of google and you can know him more if you want to.

No comments: