Tuesday, March 08, 2005

New Business Plan

What a day... Working at such a small company strength means everyone got to multi-task. So if i did my job a little sloppy, you cannot blame me. I have to pick up calls, read and reply emails(this require brain power), do the work you gave me constantly and also keep track with the consultants on their unfinished business. What do you think i am?? I am paid just $400 and you expect me to do so much. Hire some A level student to do these. I am a trained professional, give me something more worth to do. When Boss said he was signing up classes for us, i was thinking at least i was taking something out of this ITP. But at the end of the day, the Boss gave us a sad news. He wanted to enroll three of his staff in. What happens is that the maximum a company can send in is two. Meaning if the permanent staff cannot get a seat, one of us is going to sacrifice our seat and give it to him. After hearing this, both my partner and i were rather confused. One point you sign us up for classes. Next, you are opting one of us out. What is the meaning of this... But since he is the boss, i dare not show any negativeness out. As i grabbed my coffee, i realise that we are just mere temp staff to tide over the lack of staff. The next batch of poly students are coming for their internship. NP students are coming for two months and will meet the next batch of SP students. Man... The NP students minimum pay is $450. My school is the oldest school, so less pay?

Today as i was eating lunch, something jolt into my mind. I always wanted to start my own business. It is my dream to start out something small, venture into the unknown and learn something from it. I have been sucessful once. But it brought me alot of worries as i may need more help. My last business rolled in a couple of bucks and i sold it when it was in the high period. I really cannot imagine holding a cheque for a simple startup. I do not know how is that man doing, but i do hope he had a great time like me. One thing i have learnt in a business is that you must be ready to make sacrifices. To reap in the big bills, you must let go the small ones. When you have learnt to let go, it is time to learn how to use it. It is exactly the same as gambling. You got to see where the risk is. No point investing all your money if you do not see the risks. But be warned. The bigger the returns, the higher the risks. When you think you have enough, bail out soon so that it won't bog you down. If the person manage to get more money than you, be happy for him. If he loses money and is jealous of you. Well, stare at his sorry face and laugh the hell off. Opps, that was not intentional.

Finding business partners...

No comments: