Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Calmer Seas Now...

After so many days of rough seas, the waters are calmer now. No more thunders or lightning and tall, dangerous waves. Once awhile a blow of strong wind and a crackle of rain here and there. The sea is better but i still think that stronger winds are building up and maybe another major storm coming up. Have to start to make preparations for the next storm... Right now, a uplifting story to share with everyone.

The Merchant and The Mighty One
A merchant was very bad at business. He have been making losses for the past few months. One night, when he was counting his losses, he decided that it was all his luck. So he called out to God, 'Oh my God, why must you do this to me? I am a devoted person to your religion and why i deserve such punishment??' At that momment, God appeared infront of the Merchant. God said, 'I am God, the Mighty One. I heard that you have a problem with me?' The Merchant was shocked and replied, 'Yah, I need to ask you three things. You must answer me with all your knowledge.' 'Okay, what are your three questions?' asked God.
The merchant asked, 'What is a million hours to you?'
God replied, 'Just one second.'
Next the merchang asked, 'So... What is a million dollars to you?'
God replied, 'Just a single mortal cent.'
The merchant sat down and think before he came up with the third question...
'Can you give me one mortal cent?'
God replied, 'Of course... In the time of one second.'

I've learnt not to ask much in one lifetime. Just be content with what you have. Enough is enough, just feel blessed that you are sleeping under a roof, in a bed and blanket. Some are sleeping in a cupboard box as young as 6months old...

No comments: