Friday, April 29, 2005

Matter of Choice

I went in for training today. Missed yesterday as i was too tired. A splitting headache in the morning and feverish in the evening. Spent the day at home resting and recuperating. I went back to the training class and realise that i lost out alot. I missed out so much! I had to catch up while the trainer is teaching the theories of the next chapter. But i did manage to catch up. During lunchtime, a guy came up to me to ask for donation. He spoke alot of his fasting, he cannot ask for donations after 12pm. So i just gave him $2 and walk off. People would think i am foolish to give him money, but i think he may need that $2 more than me. Had lunch and went back to training. Than the lesson became boring. More theories and less hands-on. It felt like studying in MLT 12 again... Haha... At least i had a computer which i installed some programs. Entertained me during those boring hours.

Friend: 'Why you want to go back and help your club? The school give you cca pts isit?'
Me: 'No, i promised them. I said i would join them in their event two weeks ago. Now you tell me got such program, how am i suppose to split myself?'
Friend: 'since no cca pts dan dun go la... why go when u can learn to earn money'
Me: 'Because i choose to...'

Above was what my close friend and i talked about. He was rather pissed at hearing that i cannot make it to a seminar. What can i say is sorry... Why i chose the club than that seminar was not the promise itself. Even though if the things are reversed, i would choose to go for club activities. Why? Simple... When you have found a home, you do not want to leave it. I told some of my clubmates that once you have found something that you can devote your time in, nothing will stand in the way. Everything you do will be enjoyable, even though it is the most mundane job. Like a volunteer worker, low pay and no fixed working hours. But why do people choose this line? Same logic with me. A simple sentence to sum everything up; the passion and the drive.

Passion & Drive...

No comments: