Thursday, May 13, 2004

Fun Filled Day

I set today to be my most enjoyable day during the week of the ADD. I have been slogging my ass the past few weeks and I am beginning to feel very anxious about the event. But the day had to start with a morning shower... Anyway... I was suppose to go school to inspect at our event banner and some of the prizes. Went there in the early noon and saw no banner, no prizes, better still no uncle... So I guess he might have forgotten or left before I arrived. So I continued my day by meeting my Treasurer and we proceeded to Far East Plaza to meet with the rest. Arrived kinda early so we walked about for awhile. Met the rest and went for lunch. Talked and laugh while eating Chicken Rice (a Chinese dish that consists of chicken meat and rice). Then, we walked over to a karaoke place to sing our hearts out. Sang from past 2pm to 7pm. Spent around $15 per person. Left the place and went over to another building. At the place we bought our token of appreciation, chocolates that cost more than $100 bucks. Haha... Anyway, its my VP idea and I support her idea of getting something presentable. I bought a plate of fried Japanese noodles and we left the building for home. Halfway through my Welfare Officer wanted to go to a departmental store. So she asked whether we wanted to go too. I went along but my VP decided to go home as she have to join her family for dinner. Along the way, my mum called. She wanted me to go back to her office and check her system out. She lost some important files. So i left Welfare Officer and Logistics Head to rush over to her place. Had quite a hard time to search for some files. I guess its all gone now. Even the backup does not have the file she is holding. Went home with them afterwards.

I learned about punctuality when i was in primary school. My maths was real bad, i don't like analytical thinking. So i had to attend for remedial lessons. Since remedial lessons are 1 hour earlier then school reporting time, i seldom arrive on time for the lesson. So after 1 week being late, the teacher got fedup and decided to lock the door after 10mins have passed. Got caught once or twice but ever since then, i learned that punctuality is very important in life. In my secondary school days, i was never late. Arrived early or just in time. By then i realised that time is so important not only to me but also the person that i have arranged to meet. I try my best not to be late so as not to leave a bad impression of myself. I also learned that, time is the essence of everything. Most importantly, first dates are not supposed to be late. Never let the other party wait. Well... Some of my first dates are late, not me but the other party. But they are girls and if i continue... That is another story.

Time not enough...

No comments: