Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Long & Winding Road

When i took a peek at my mobile this morning, i was shocked that it was already 8.30am. I had to rush to a driving school which is like 20-30mins away. First lesson starts at 9.50am. Rush rush rush... Glad i made it to the school in time for lesson. I booked the lessons there early to prevent from stakeouts. Actually... I decided to finish my basic in one day. There are 3 levels in our driving; basic theory, follow by final theory lastly practical test by the traffic police. So i attended lessons for the basic and went for the exam. Man... Upon 80marks, u are suppose to score at least 72. Sad to say... I only scored 70. At that momment, i felt really frustrated. But nevermind, i went on to book more dates for practice and another round of exam. Whole day was gone in that school itself. After that was meeting my clubmates. My VP, Welfare Officer & the General Secretary was there. We met the entertainment people. He discussed alot on the program flow and we really like his ideas. Since on that day is my Logistics Head birthday, we decided to make a prank on her. Not to disclose too much, just have to wait and see... After that was lunch at Long John Silver's. Why must we take the freezing seats? I can see my VP shivering when we were talking to the entertainment people. So after dinner we went over to a nearby Starbucks for coffee and more discussion. Chat and chat and chat... Then... Boom!! My VP fell asleep. Actually no boom, but just nodding of her chubby cheek head. The place was not really a good one as there are smokers smoking and i can see my Welfare and Secretary both horrid faces. Settled things quickly and went off soon.

Will i ever drive a vehicle myself? In the gaming world, i can drive a souped up Mazda RX5, with rims, spoilers, turbo engine, ECU fuel gauge, extended exhaust and best of all... NOz!!! Just hear the sound of the engine reving up, gives me a very satifying feeling. In real life... The nearest that i ever driven a vehicle was parking a 15-feet lorry at my father's warehouse. The feeling was nice at the start, but it began to wind down and boring too... In the end, i never went back to help reverse lorries again. This time, im gonna pass my license and im gonna drive a car. Physically stepping on the accelarator pedal and move a vehicle. That is this year's dream. No more chauferring by a taxi-driver. No more waiting for overnight travelling buses. No more hassle of thinking what to do when it begin to rain. That is my dream. Not forgetting to chauffer my gal too...

Zoom Zoom Zooom...

No comments: