Tuesday, August 10, 2004

The Interview

Thank god my VP called me. If she did not do that, i guess im gonna be late. But i think she called twice. Cos when i picked up the phone... Well... Let's skip that. Brush teeth, wear my formal clothing and leather shoes. Boy, i looked like a businessman. White collar worker. I walked as if im going to Raffles Place. But... Im actually going to school to attend an interview test. Man... It was short. Maybe my interview wasn't that great. But it was shorter than my teammates. Kind of excited and dumbfounded at times. But i smoked my way through. Haha... Breakfast was all i think of after the test. Ate and went to back to lab to continue our presentation. Did up on our powerpoint slides and rehearse for the first time. Wasn't a really good timing. But we are different. We want to be different. Maybe the difference is scaring us. Ended the rehearsal soon and we seperated our ways. Had to meet up with some friends from Quests Inc. (an open adventurers club) to discuss about future events and where we want to do. Last minute and i was really tired. After the meeting, I went back home to rest and catch some shut eye. Had very little sleep the previous night.

Something that my lecturer told me after the interview:
L: Eh... Your position you are looking for is very high leh. You are just a fresh graudate and you want to be head ar?

Me: Not really lah. Since i want to do e-commerce stuff, dan that is the only one i can find. So might as well take it loh.

L: Next time when u looking for job, dun find such high level. Chances of getting it is very low for a grad like you.

Me: Okie... (Bloody hell... Fresh grad cannot be head la?!?!)

After he said that, i left the room and my friend went in for his interview. Did not have much to talk with him anyways. I don't really take this interview for real as my plans for the future is not to find a job after i graduate. I intend to finish my National Service (NS) as fast as possible and continue to study after that. After i get my degree, than i will search for a job. But i think my degree that im pursuing won't be related to my course of study now. But who cares... It's my dream and i live to dream. One day... Just one day... I will create a game that receives an award that is internationally known; Game of the Year Award.

Interview is sucky...

No comments: