Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Go The Distance

Nothing really, just someting that crossed my path of life. More later... Today had a good sleep. Too good a sleep. Overslept by a full hour. My first time since a very long time ago. But i was not the only one. There were some that were late too. But i realise we did not do much today. I spent most of my time at school to solve a problem in our project. Time is slowly getting on us, we are not bucking up and still taking things as lightly and doing things slowly. Maybe as a leader, i see things more up close and feel the dateline getting closer and closer. Hope the rest will understand this and move a little faster. I'm giving them alot of space to retreat and did not pressure them. Know them too well as they do not work best under stress unlike some of my friends that do. Walked around like a zombie in school as it was really tiring to spend four hours solving a stupid error. Hope this does not arise again tomorrow. After that, i took two bus trip to the shopping centre near my place to return a movie i rented during the weekends. Went there and the lady did some marketing and pushed some movies to me. Maybe they experience some fall in revenue. Get somebody like me who does not have much time to watch movies and persuade me to rent one or two. But i thank her for her gesture and told her i wanted another movie. Currently that movie is a hot favourite so its not around, but she will hold on to it and i will collect it on wednesday. I think i get my brother to do the dirty job. Went home soon after. One more thing, i changed my service plan for my phone. The customer service girl was not bad, the service she gave me was a good one. But for a friend of mine, he got more complains than the service he received. Maybe that is something that can be compared among the mobile phone service companies.

Once in awhile, there are reports or stories that says that long distance relationship happening. When it appears to the mass, they are usually the ending of the 'getting-to-know-each-other' period and proceeding to 'geting-married-and-happily-ever-after' period. Some couples just get it along as if they have met since they were born. Some had common intrests so they get together and they got together better and better as time goes by. For me, i never did try such long distance relationship. Once during my secondary school days, my school hosted another Scout group from Malaysia, Sarawak. There were girl scouts and boy scouts coming. It was something new for me as i never hosted any overseas scouts in my life. When we were all sitting in the Auditorium, i saw this girl. She was beautiful. Some people say when men wear their uniform, they look alot better and and more eye catching. I think its true. Just think of it, we are wearing well pressed uniform and have achievements all sewed to our uniform. When you wear it, you feel so proud in it. But for the girl scout, she was captivating. That is my first time i ever see a girl looking so nice in a girl scout uniform. Maybe i was still young and unexperienced. But their stay was short. Took them around for shopping and enjoying. At that time, they came over for a short holiday. But also, they came over as a friendly marketing stinct for their mid-year Jamboree (multi-national Scout camp). Before she left, she asked me whether i will see her again. I told her, i will work hard and work my way there. By hook or by crook, i make sure i will get to see her in her homeland. And that is what i did the following year. I went over to Sarawak and met her there. Maybe its fate, maybe its the scout association there. My campsite is just next to hers. And my tent is just 2 lines of fence away from her. During the 7 days stay there, i chatted with her everynight. One of my most memorable nights i have spent. Left when my stay is up. When we were waiting for our flight at the airport, she came and wished my good luck. And i promised i will contact her as soon as i arrived in Singapore. When i board the plane, the most saddening part was thinking of leaving the place i had so much memories in. So much fun. So much enjoyment. Maybe that is how much i miss the place. That is how much i miss her.

Stuck in Singapore...

No comments: