Thursday, August 19, 2004

Robots of the world... UNITE!!

The construction site management kept their promise. No 0900hrs, no start work. So i had a quite a good wake up mood. Went to the usual busstop to take my bus to school. Something happened that pissed me off really. Almost lost my cool... I was waiting at the busstop when the bus came. Than the worse of the worse happened... The bloody bus driver just drove off. He stared at me when i stood at the edge of the busstop. At the momment, i almost lost my cool and pointed something at the bus. But i realise that this is Singapore, civilised people will deal with this civilly... Muahahaha... Let me see... Bus number plate, check. Bus number, check. Bus arrival time, check. Hmm... What can i do with all of this? Don't need to say much. In the end, i was late for my lesson and im being marked late. Not worth it... After lessons, i ate lunch with a clubmate. She is now the Welfare Officer. We had lunch and chatted together. Maybe in the future, we will be eating lunch on every thursday. Hope my friends that see me with HER will get MISUNDERSTOOD. Thank you my friends... After lunch, i went back to my computer lab to continue my project. When i walked in, i was shocked!! Where the hell are my teammates? I called one, no pick up. I called another, no pick up also. In the end, i got fed up and sat there and did my own stuff. A few minutes later, one of them called me and apologise. Im not a person that keep grudges long so i accepted his apology and waited for their arrival. Upon arriving, they apologise again and we started our work. No breaks were taken today. No 'makan' breaks that is... Other short breaks were given to them. Its an incentive for them for being so hardworking and really putting effort to complete the project. Around evening time, it was a long and tiring day for them. I can see that their minds were exhausted so i declared end of day for them. I stayed on for a couple more minutes to complete my part of the work. Completed like 50% of the assigned worked. By end of tmr, i shall complete everything. I knock off soon after i closed all the programs that i opened.

Today while having a short break. I decided to browse around for any new robots that i like. Than this monstrosity caught my eye. A huge humanoid robot that carried 2 laser sabres at the back, hung 3 long swords at the each side, attached to left arm are shurikens and flying daggers, to his right is a laser cannon and held in each hand are guns that can blow a new holes for his enemies. I looked at the robot design and im like in awe. But truthfully, how can a robot carry this much stuff?? Just look at the armoury this guy is holding? I wonder how fast can he move? But just looking at the weapons he is holding is a miricle that such a machine can carry that much. But the that thing cost $200 plus... I sure like it, but i think it is too expensive and too unreasonable. I got a few robots currently now sitting and standing in my room. Some people say that im still a child, playing with all this toys. But what i see them are displays. Dreams and visions of the future. One day, maybe one day we can have gigantic robots walking on earth. Not for war but for other purposes like construction, fire fighting and even disaster assistance. But before we enter that age, that era... I shall marvel at the concept designs that are found everywhere and enjoy the art pieces that populate my room.

Human + robot = ???

1 comment:

yappy said...

u wan us to misunderstand u n wc... icic... understooded... lolz...