Thursday, July 15, 2004

Official Leave from FYP

Today is deemed the official rest day from my FYP. Since everyone is busy from their chosen electives. So after school, we would not meet up to do project but rest from the hustle and bustle of FYP life. Nothing much happened today other than the usual school life. Had to go through boring lessons and still survive to stay awake. Proceeded to my driving school to attend a practice session for my theory test. Went with my classmate since he is going to make a booking for his theory test. He taught me the way to take busses there, very confusing and hard to remember. Maybe i consult him again on the buses to take the following day. He went on to book his test while i continued my way for my practice session. While queueing up for a computer to be assigned to me, i saw this gal that i used to give advice. Remembered her cute face and lovable smile. At first i could not make out her face as the room was rather dark. So i just took a peek once awhile... Caught her looking at me too, maybe she recognises me as the idiot that gave her advices on promoting the school courses. Anyway, she left earlier so i had no chance to walk up to her and maybe chat her up. After that, i took a bus back home. The bus trip was rather long, 30 mins trip. Singapore is so small, and i had to take a 30mins bus trip. At least its much better than my usual way, the latter had to switch transport which is really troublesome. But i sat in a seat that gave me a really good time eveasdropping on a pair of gals from their secondary school. They were talking so loudly, i did not need to concentrate much to listen in to their conversation. They were discussing what they did wrong or right in their exam papers, what they will do after they finish their secondary education to donating 3KG of blood. I got some laugh and some entertainment while on the boring bus trip. But they dropped off early so i had sometime to think through what they discussed. Not long after, i pressed the bell and alight to walk home and have a good rest.

Hearing those 2 gals talking about their exams and such really makes me think of myself when im in that stage. Guys will sit in a group and discuss about our dreams and ambitions. I once told my teacher that i want to create a game that is made in Singapore but played everywhere in the world. That is my dream. She just gave me a very discouraging sentence, 'There are so many games in this world. Why would you want to make another to add on?' I guess she is still in the era that gaming would not be a profitable business. Who cares?!?! As long my dream is fulfilled, i do not care even if the President says my idea sucks. But to think i was in their position when im their age. Looking at them makes me feel that i have alot of experience and can advise them on their next step. But i realise i did not consult anyone when i receive my 'O' level results. I just let my dreams take over and see where i can go to fulfill them as soon as possible. Maybe that is why i ended up doing partly business and partly IT. Now, i have long term goals too. But my goals are not even near my dreams. Maybe my dream will be fulfilled one day. Maybe it will be fulfilled by my children. I'm not sure... Like what some of my friends like to say, 'let nature take its course'.

Dreams become Reality...

No comments: