Saturday, September 18, 2004

Eye Examination

Today i have an eye examination. Quite fun, but at some point is quite tiring. This morning, i woke up early enough for me to play a game of soccer on my PS2. I always let my mom use the toilet as she needs it more than me. While playing, i waited for the sound of the door to unlock. Once i heard it, i quickly went in with my towel and do my necessary chores. Prepared my bag for the day and left home in a rush. Reached the lab a little late as i had to walk a big round the staduim now. Damn those construction fence... When i arrived, i started to do my stuff. I reviewed on my teammates jobs and how was their progress. They did what they were told and im quite delighted. After i finished what im suppose to do, i went to have breakfast with one of my teammate. He had some gripe on the other team members. I can't blame him for having it. What he said was the truth. I can see it with my own eyes. But it is near the end of the project. I do hope they will learn from this project and understand the basic learning skill of picking up a programming language. I left them in the afternoon to go for my eye examination appointment. Played some new equipment today. I had to take my eye pressure again. I also played with something called a Visual Field Identifier... Something like that... Well... You just cover one side of the eye and the machine will flash dots of light on the spherical background. You will have to stare at the light and push a button when u see the light. You are not allowed to see the light, but press the button if you see it. I did it one round, than the trainee optometrist checked my results with the lecturer. The lecturers there are qualified eye doctors. So they found something wrong with my eyes. My blindspots are totally wrong and my eye alignment is off course. Im kinda shocked to hear that, so i went for another test. Eye nerve photographic test. A small machine with a huge lens aimmed at my eye. I was suppose to look directly at it and they take a photograph of it. Wow... After the flash of light, the next few seconds was rather white. One flash for each eye actually. But my left eye was naughty, i blinked at the wrong time and the lens did not capture what was intended. So i had to retake again. After that, the lecturer came in and looked at the photographs. She told me nothing was wrong with my eyes. I have perfectly fine eyes. So it must be measurement of my blindspot error. I was like... Thank god... But the blindspot machine is kinda like an ordeal. Fun at first, then five minutes later it start to feel bored. 15mins later, i was totally scared of it. Not something comfortable to play with. To think i have to go through it again!! ARGHZ!! I think lady luck was with me, someone came in after us and changed the parameters of the machine. It couldn't work. So i had to make another appointment to come another time to do that freaking machine again. ARGHZ!! After that, i left the test centre and went back to the lab where i left my teammates. They left while i stayed on to do my part. Improved on the codes and added some new pages. Still not tested or validated yet, but i will get it done next week. Three more weeks till total freedom!! Left the lab in the evening to find a couple of my friends. They asked me out for dinner. How can i reject them? Its been some time since we had a meal together. Met them up, chatted and we ate dinner together. Chatted about our school. We are the same age, we graduated from high school at the same time. But i admitted to Poly one year earlier then them, so i have finished what they are going through. Gave them some pointers on their modules they are going through. Had quite some fun taking and making fun of them. Too bad i did not take my camera, wished i took with me. Able to snap some pics to keep as momentos. Went home and joined my parents for dinner. Did not eat much as was kinda full. After that, they went into the jackpot room. I went in too. It was fully packed. All the machines were used, except one. My mum went up to reserved it. So my dad changed some for a basket of coins and urged me to play. I played and played... No winning at all... Got kind of fed up with it, so i went to get a cup of coffee. Walked about to cool myself down. Mum was playing another machine. She lost like $40 to a machine. She gave up on that machine and she handed me the rest of the $10 to follow up on my current machine. I inserted all the coins in and tried my luck. Again, lady luck smiled on me again. Shall not disclose how much i won, maybe a hint. I need more than two hands to count my winnings. Haha...

Today made me realise something:
1) Trust your doctor when he say that you have something wrong. Do not argue with him/her.
2) Do not belive the above if your doctor is a quack.
I almost got a shock when i heard the lecturer told me i had some eye problems. Of my five senses, i love my eyes the most. Sight is something i would want to lose the last. I don't mind being deaf, don't mind be dumb. But i will never tolerate if i cannot see. Even if i cannot smell or taste, i would sacrifice these for my eyes. A simple reason why is very simple. I want to see God's creation. I want to see things that most people are unable to. I want to see the pretty girls that walk on the street. Most of all, I want to see and remember all the beautiful things that have crossed my path in my lifetime. That will include my friends too. They will sit at the top forever for being there for me.

Sight is precious...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whahaha...Earn so much.. think i no need to treat u le.. u can treat me nW!! yaya.. Sight is really precios.. i am quite blind..so take care of ur eyes~
Lynnie