Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Terrific Tuesday

Ah... Its a busy Tuesday. In the morning, i went to attend my driving lesson. I was almost late. Thank god the train came just in time. The training was kinda tedious as i have to train myself to get use to the driving skills required. Still not very good at it. My goal; to pass my driving lesson by the end of this year. So that i can drive my friends around during Christmas Season. Add another one is to bring my sister to all the places with the good food. I can do it!! After the lesson, i met with a friend. Had lunch with her. Chatted about the old times and the current situation. I sent her home after that as i was going on the same way. After she alighted, i went on to get another SAT form. It was an arduous journey, but i managed to complete it. I have to apologise to my ex-VP as i messed up the info she sent me. She told me to wait at City Hall at 6.15pm. Even though the bus i came in broke down and i had to wait for the next bus, i arrived on the dot. But i was at the wrong location!!! ARGHZ... I quickly rush down to City Hall to meet up with her. I explained my reasons and i guess she did not really forgive me. Maybe i am thinking too much. Had dinner together. We talked about her FYP project and my current free time. I understand she is always aiming at me for my free time. It is the fact, im really too free to. Finding things to occupy myself. The seat we chose was not a very good one. We had a usual seating place, but we chose another as she wanted to fill up the forms. In the end, we never checked the 'feng shui' and we got quite a bad table. We had our dinner quick and i taught her how to fill up the forms. After filling up all the forms, we chatted a little while more before we left the building. We went to a nearby Macdonald's and i bought her an ice-cream cone. She has this sweet-tooth for desserts after dinner. We continue our way to the busstop where i accompanied her till her bus came. Said our goodbyes and the bus carried her homeward. I went across the road and took a bus home.

"When you get bad grades... Think of this, you can blame two things; either the school is teaching you the wrong way or you are learning the wrong way."

This is a quote i read from a book. It talks about the world where Certificates and qualitications rule all the major jobs. It is quite a long one. From the book, it says that different people learn things differently. Some learn it by doing it than read about it later. Some is after a thorough understanding of the theory, than they start doing. This is the two major category. There are many many more in each category and it is explained in that book. I think that this book is very good as it explains that not everyone is judged by that exam paper. Yes, i do agree that grades show how intelligent you are at the subject. But think about this, it only shows how intelligent you are at answering questions and throwing facts. One last thing before i end this. Another quote from the book, but taken from the Father of Relativity, Prof. Albert Einstein.

"My brain does not keep facts. I do creative thinking in my head. You want facts, go visit a library."

World stop turning...

No comments: