Friday, October 01, 2004

One more week till freedom

Last day of the week. Nothing much i can do now except keep doing trial runs and testing to my project. Arrived early in school to start doing project. Glad my teammates were early too. I had an appointment with my supervisor that i will show him a taste of what we are going to present. In the end, he did not come. He did not even contact me. Im not very happy at this but he is still my supervisor. Maybe its our culture to respect and listen to seniority rather than manners. Waited for him for half an hour. After that, i called and left him a message, and i brought my whole team down for breakfast. Told him to contact me when he wants to meet us. Ate and went back to our project lab. He haven gave me a call. Continue what we are doing and waited for his call. We even shifted our lab. And he still never call me. Well... I gave up on him and i just surfed the net while my teammates are cleaning up our project. Had a conversation with a friend of mine. We graduated at the same year but i enrolled into poly earlier. She could not make it to poly as she failed a major subject. We were quite close so i gave her a helping hand on her project. That is when i get to know more about her poly life. Man... She is so popular and wanted by her classmates. 2 different guys chasing after her. Alas, she like none of them. I had to sit in and act 'to be very close with her'. Well... She was one of my good friend during my secondary school days so i just played along. After some acting and laughing at the 2 idiots, i left her with her friend and i went back home. Changed into my swimming gear and went swimming. Its been sometime since i have such a cooling dip.

Just 2 months ago, our Prime Minister(PM) proposed a five-day-week for all civil servants. This includes the employees of all educational organisations that are government funded and this includes my poly. Now, my poly is closed on saturday. Last time i used to go back to school on saturday to enjoy the facilities of the school. I pay almost a thousand bucks each semester to attend lessons and use the school's facilities. Now im being confined to staying home and spending time with my family. I know... We are a stressful and fast-pace country and society. But saturdays are my days where i get to go out with friends, use the facilities my school provide and increase the bond i have with my club mates. Last time it was simple, a call or a simple message like this would settle my saturday; 'Hey, tmr wan to go club? Play bball/soccer/badminton. 9am, club meet.' This was how my saturday are settled. Not much thinking and not much consideration. Now... I had to plan for my saturdays. I have to think of what am i going to do on saturdays. No more badminton playing or basketball games. This sucks very much. Now i wander around my saturdays... Thinking of what to do, where to go every friday. A new chapter of how i spend my saturday has been forced by the higher levels of the society.

Miss the six-day-week...

No comments: